We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NASA lost contact with a satellite 12 years ago. An amateur just found its signa  (Read 1537 times)

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 0028 UTC by myteaquinn »
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
Would love to know more about the amateur astronomer's equipment, but his blog has no info on it whatsoever. Just that he monitors the 2.2-2.3 GHz range, looking for control telemetry from secret satellites. I'm guessing he uses an SDR and a dish...
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Well that eliminates Al and I.

When was in my teens and early twenties, I used spotting satellites as a way to pick-up girls at the weekly keggers out in the country. If you knew where NNW was you could spot the brighter ones heading across the sky to the S.E. I was stunned when I pointed one out and girls were interested. It was a real airhead eliminator.

Odd that girls that age seemed to be impressed with guy whose set of skills went beyond, "Hold my beer and watch this!"?

Offline WA4FHY

• View Profile
    • Email
SDR-IQ / IC-R70 / IC-735 / FT-817ND / FT-991A, RSPduo,5 band vertical
Near Music City, TN

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns