We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale.

Author Topic: AirSpy HF+ Setup Problem  (Read 380 times)

Offline 8 tattoos

• Please QSL to williamkhertz@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
AirSpy HF+ Setup Problem
« on: March 11, 2018, 1728 UTC »
It says to raise the gain using the slider on the right until noise floor reaches 5 db. Try to do this slider control doesn't respond. The sample rate is supposed to be 10 MSPS and the display is supposed to be 8 mhz. I have neither of those and set a frequency to a local AM radio station but I have no reception. I clicked the start triangle and it says cannot open device What am I doing wrong?

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: AirSpy HF+ Setup Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 1813 UTC »
The HF+ has a sample rate of 768 kHz, not 10 MHz. I am not sure what software you are using, SDR#? Sounds like you have not actually selected the HF+ as the device to use.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
NRD 545 / netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / 670 ft horizontal loop / 500 ft northeast beverage / 270 ft west-south-west beverage / 300 ft south beverage / 43m / 20m / 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop

Offline 8 tattoos

• Please QSL to williamkhertz@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AirSpy HF+ Setup Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 1828 UTC »
that's what it was I hadn't selected hf +