We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Spring NDB Logs  (Read 2330 times)

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spring NDB Logs
« on: March 14, 2018, 1740 UTC »
I begrudgingly accept the fact the the NDB season is just about over.

2018-03-14  1153  332.0  VT  Buffalo Narrows, SK, CAN  2152 Km

NDBs this report 1  New NDBs 0

Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
Re: Spring NDB Logs
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 2303 UTC »
It's just starting this way Farley, distance getting better by the week, however, owing to changes in air navigation and technology changes, many have been switched off forever.

Nearly had TUT in American Samoa on 403KHz for 4,478kms the other week but couldn't get all three call letters out for a confirmed ident so didn't claim it.

Hopefully a new one this season for me.  8)
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 1733 UTC »
I begrudgingly accept the fact the the NDB season is just about over.

Managed to squeeze out a fairly decent session before dawn this morning in spite of the nearly continuous static crashes caused by T-storms in TN, KY.  Logged 90 beacons in just over an hour and a half.  No outstanding DX but did manage to snag a new one for me, 237  EZF  Fredericksburg  VA.  Would probably have had a couple of others but could not pull a positive IDs through the static.  Had some visitors that don't come around too often:  269  BEX  Bloomfield  IA,  305  YQ  Churchill  MB,  349  APG  Aberdeen  MD,  362  SUR  Fitzgerald  GA,  367  FVX  Farmville  VA, and  380  BBD  Brady  TX.

Log 'em while you can, the fun is coming to an end. 
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 1602 UTC »
Band was amazingly quiet before dawn this morning.  However, propagation to the North was only so-so with many of the usual Canadians missing and East-West propagation was nearly non-existent.  OTOH, reception from the South was quite good.  DIW had a big signal in here although CLB was strangely absent.  Don't usually hear 350 RG Oklahoma City but it had a nice signal this morning.  A couple of new ones for me made for a nice Springtime surprise (along, finally, with some nice WX):  347  AIK  Aiken SC and  368  TEC  Blacksburg  VA.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan