We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID 6927 AM 2300 UTC 15 March 2018  (Read 2403 times)

Offline bubblova

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNID 6927 AM 2300 UTC 15 March 2018
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 1604 UTC »
Thank you for your supportive comments, MDK2 and Pigmeat!  I was told flat-out by one pirate who confirmed my reception but said I was "cheating" and another that said sdr reports are of little use to pirates or international broadcasters.  I disagree and think that most pirates want to know how many people are listening, and the pool of potential listeners is pretty damn small as it is.

I bought my house without thinking of the enormous power grid nearby, and there are several other good reasons why I can't erect an outdoor antenna. I also live in New Mexico. When I can, I take my Tecsun PL-680 to the park and was surprised and pleased a few weeks ago to hear Wolverine very well.

I'll take your suggestions and change my profile to indicate that I'd be happy to receive a QSL if offered, but that it's never expected.
73s
Heath   
MLA-30 loop @ 12 ft.  Tecsun PL-660
Albuquerque NM
hhall@mail.com (not "g"mail)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns