We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Various relays via 6930U  (Read 851 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Various relays via 6930U
« on: December 28, 2010, 0530 UTC »
12/28/10
6930 USB
0310z-0526z: Hearing various relays via Gulch web stream (nary a peep on my own receiver here in Gopher Stomp).  Have heard KIPM "High Frequency Church" episode (Lula drop mentioned); RJI - sounded like new show with references to 2010 events; some spoof covers of rock songs; WHYP - JB chatting with Bill O. Rights via Skype; ended with Chili Peps "Californication".
0530z: Radio Free Euphoria ID

Good signal overall with some minor fades to barely audible.  If it were on my own receiver I'd call it SINPO=44333 overall with good intelligibility.  A fairly persistent but minor heterodyne whine and occasional OTHR bursts; a few static crashes and some steady white noise; occasional fades to barely audible.  Low bitrate 24/22 stream, so this would probably be a "4" overall via the direct receiver.

Thanks to Ragnar for providing the stream.  I wouldn't be hearing much lately otherwise - puny propagation to Gopher Stomp.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Various relays via 6930U
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 0806 UTC »
12/28/10
6930 USB
0800z: Was just about to give up for the night when theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" popped through the mud on my own receiver.  Rapid fluttering fades but occasionally peaking just enough to copy familiar material.
0811z: Sounded like Undercover Radio ID after some mellow jazzy guitar.  Rapid fluttering fades obscured ID but sounded like Dr. Benway's voice.
0820z: Nope, my bad, it's a relay of RJI.  Clear ID for Radio Jamba International after some Pink Floyd.
0831z: Hendrix "Castles Made of Sand", some Grateful Dead.
0927z: RJI ID w/ Kracker mentioning something about Kulpsville, overlayed with Grateful Dead song so a little difficult to copy clearly.
0957z: Deep dive several minutes ago, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" just barely audible.
1042z: Still only occasionally audible, Undercover Radio ID "broadcasting from the middle of nowhere", sounds like audio bits from William S. Burroughs.

Good peaks, very choppy-fluttery propagation.

Assuming still relays along with several others heard tonight: RFE, RJI, KIPM, etc.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 1042 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns