We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Ronin Shortwave 6950 AM  (Read 963 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Ronin Shortwave 6950 AM
« on: December 29, 2010, 0123 UTC »
12/29/10
6950 AM (approx 6950.6)
0122z: Steady but weak carrier and faint music audible for several minutes, just now heard Radio Ronin Shortwave ID.  I guess that was sign-off ID, lost carrier by 0124z.
0129z: Carrier and very faint audio again - just not quite strong enough to ID anything so far.
0148z: Radio Ronin Shortwave ID just audible again, still can't quite copy music well enough to ID songs.  Switching receiver between AM, LSB and USB to get cleaner signal but tough conditions tonight.
0156z: Big signal jump with "One, two, three, four!" and some blues-rock genre song with some slide guitar, but only audible for a couple of seconds at a time between fades into noise.
0211z: Very faint CW tones also audible.

4 min mp3: http://www.mediafire.com/?h29rk877btrhbb0 just barely audible through fog of white noise - unfortunately I didn't get the recorder going in time to catch the ID's, which were fairly clear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 1204 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Newfoundland DXer

Re: Radio Ronin Shortwave 6950 AM
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 0239 UTC »
Heard what sounded like blues music on a couple of fade-ins around 0140 on 6950.6 am

Unfortunately, a loud machine gun style ute just above this freq killed it a couple minutes later

I assume this was Ronin, but no ID heard

Cheers, Terry