We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: CBC Radio!!! 4075.0 am  (Read 776 times)

Newfoundland DXer

CBC Radio!!! 4075.0 am
« on: December 30, 2010, 0025 UTC »
heard this the past 2 nights at various times, but was too weak for any detail

tuned in 0020 tonight to talk by American-accented male ... sounds like a politcal show with musical bridges,  one article at 0022 was about driving in Argentina, another about commercialization of Christmas (I think)

no ID heard, and is fading down again

Cheers, Terry

December 30:

on again tonight at 0010, and I was surprised to ID it as CBC Radio (program: As It Happens).  I have checked RCI's schedule (http://www.rcinet.ca/english/illustration/schedule/Cr4jJ4_RCI-TECH-B10-ENG.PDF), and cannot find any possible mixing products.  As well, is not // to 9755.  Cannot see how it is a harmonic since it is no multiples of 10s add up to a 5.  Still thinking maybe a pirate relay, but an odd choice.  Checked CBC site, and As It Happens is currently airing in the Eastern Time Zone.

was 34443 at the start, but fading now. ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 0026 UTC by Newfoundland DXer »

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns