We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NZ DX Club celebrates 70th Birthday 6-9 April 2018  (Read 1354 times)

Offline BryanDX

• Mangawhai, Northland, New Zealand
    • View Profile
    • Email
NZ DX Club celebrates 70th Birthday 6-9 April 2018
« on: March 29, 2018, 0426 UTC »
The NZ Radio DX League is 70 years old this year and members from throughout New Zealand and 2 from Australia are congregating for a celebration convention and listening sessions at Mangawhai, on the Pacific Coast 60 miles north of Auckland between 6 and 9 April.  Channel Z and Radio Illuminati have already indicated they will have transmissions to coincide with our gathering.
We hope others will be on air as well, and we will be monitoring the 6900 - 7000 kHz range between 0500 and 0700 UTC on Saturday 7 April and Sunday 8 April - that's between 1am and 3am EDT on those dates.
Last year, on April 1, I was able to log and QSL WHYP 6920, XEROX 6929 and WREC 6960 in this time period, so would be optimistic that some more trans-Pacific DX receptions will be possible this year.
I hope other broadcasters will take up the challenge of broadcastng 'down under' on 7 and/or 8 April.  Please contact me at
bryannzrdxl(a)gmail.com if you can confirm any transmissions or planned frequency usage in advance.  Thanks guys.
Bryan Clark
Bryan Clark
Mangawhai, New Zealand
WiNRADiO WR-G33DDC with EWE antennas aimed at North, Central & South America
QSL to bryannzrdxl @ gmail. com

Offline FTIOM01

• View Profile
Re: NZ DX Club celebrates 70th Birthday 6-9 April 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 0112 UTC »
Congratulations on 70 years!
This is a conventional broadcast from Bulgaria that is intended for Eastern Europe but often reaches parts of NZ quite well on the skip:
From the Isle of Music, 9400 KHZ, 1500-1600 UTC Sundays (European date).   
This usually comes in quite well on some NZ web SDRs and may be worth a shot for the insomniacs among you  ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 0114 UTC by FTIOM01 »