We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of Korea broadcast time changes have taken effect  (Read 882 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Currently listening to French broadcast on 9435 AM (rough copy but legible enough). It began at 1600 when it was previously scheduled for 1630. (Although North Korea moved forward by half an hour, from UTC+8.5 to UTC+9, the effect on the broadcasts is that they now start half an hour earlier.) I wasn't listening in earlier because their signals haven't been good this morning, but I'm guessing that they made the change either at 1500 UTC, when Korean Standard time was at midnight May 5th, or at 1530 when the Pyongyang time zone hit that mark.

A few days ago North Korea Tech speculated that the thawing relations between North and South would lead to and end, or at least a detente, on the radio wars front. To that end, it will be interesting to see which clandestines are still on the air the next time I can copy them (in my QTH, that's generally 1000-1400).
https://www.northkoreatech.org/2018/04/28/could-cross-border-propaganda-radio-fall-silent-with-summit-agreement/
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: Voice of Korea broadcast time changes have taken effect
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 2223 UTC »
I'm very interested to hear how the DPRK broadcasts may change. They are currently stuck deep in the Cold War era.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Voice of Korea broadcast time changes have taken effect
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 2231 UTC »
I'm very interested to hear how the DPRK broadcasts may change. They are currently stuck deep in the Cold War era.

They have already changed since the summit meeting. No more talk of American imperialism or the "South Korean puppet." They actually called him President Moon Jae-in, if I'm not mistaken.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail