We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: New Stretchyman Transmitter(s) !  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
New Stretchyman Transmitter(s) !
« on: May 24, 2018, 1106 UTC »
Having listened to the critics and having invested in some new test equipment I've improved an existing design and also designed something new.

I feel it's about time for an update and to offer my latest TX's

I can now offer;

1; A fully tunable 40W TX using a AD9833 DDS and a Transphorm GaN FET as the main O/P device.

This is totally immune from any FMing issues or carrier drift and is easily preset to ANY frequency you desire!

As it's Class E it's B/W is restricted but will cover the whole of the 43m or 48m band easily.

Needs 24V (26V ABS Max), quite happy @ 12V with 10W O/P. Approx Size & Weight 6"x5"x2". 2lbs

2; A 32 CH 150W TX with PWM mod and built in SWR indicator and protection built in.

Needs 48V to 60V 10A ABS Max (will give 100W-150W) Approx Size & Weight  7"x5"x3". 5lbs

Please PM me if you're interested in either.

'1' is ready but have still to finalise the metalwork on '2'.

'2' had been a labour of love and really wanted to build something that was truly portable and rugged.

ALL the other designs I've seen are in a 3/4 U 19" rack, hardly 'Portable'!

'2' is infinitely more complex than '1' and will be somewhat more expensive!

If you have purchased a TX from me before I'm happy to offer a discount!

Str.

'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)