We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 3912 KHz - Brodcast station?  (Read 3262 times)

cmradio

3912 KHz - Brodcast station?
« on: August 16, 2008, 2034 UTC »
Is Voice of the People still running here?

Verrry weak signal coming in this morning (SINPO 15432) at 1139 UTC. Male announcer, non-english (as far as I could tell, really muffled mod), but couldn't tell the language. Music that sounded like from a Japanese anime cartoon :o

Anybody have an idea who this was?

Peace!

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 3912 KHz - Brodcast station?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 1221 UTC »
Yup, Voice of the People, co-frequency with 6600.  I got it this morning very clearly on 3912 this morning for the first time this summer.  Little or no audible jamming, tho' there was the expected QRM from normal amateur radio ops on LSB.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

cmradio

Re: 3912 KHz - Brodcast station?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 1851 UTC »
Thanks for the ID!

75M has been real quiet, other than the last couple days, with few or no ham's down there after midnight local. Super propagation, especially over the pacific.

6600 would be hard though, tonnes of outband fisheman and utes there right off the coast.

Peace!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 1855 UTC by cmradio »