We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID 675 kHz AM 0140 UTC 22 June 2018  (Read 706 times)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
UNID 675 kHz AM 0140 UTC 22 June 2018
« on: June 22, 2018, 0142 UTC »
0140Z 13341  The carrier is centered nicely between 670 & 680 and can clearly see the carrier and symmetrical audio around it, however can hear none of the audio.  It seem to be a little off in frequency, 674.96 kHz.

WSCR 670 Chicago, IL does interfere on the LSB and through the carrier. When audio is narrower, then its not bad.
WFEQ 680 St Joseph, MO comes & goes but doesn't cause too much problem.
KFXN 690 Minneapolis, MN, a local pest, is splattering a bit down here.

0220Z Carrier has faded (mostly out, but not completely) and WSCR has getting stronger. Hard to see the audio on 675.

This is the only TA station showing up tonight (0140-0220Z)

Univ of Twente's WebSDR had something on 675 for a while, but even weaker than what I had here. There are thunderstorms there, so hard to get good observation on the waterfall, but when their signal gets strong enough to see audio, it does have the same pattern as what I see here, which leads me to believe that their WebSDR & my SDR are picking up the same signal. However, that doesn't help to ID the station.

Perseus SDR with Bonito Boni-Whip antenna
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 0223 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN