We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Educacion 6185 AM  (Read 751 times)

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Educacion 6185 AM
« on: August 14, 2018, 2234 UTC »
Hi all, i am on the Kingwood SDR and picking up a carrier and hearing music the audio was very weak and not sure if 6185 kHz is still off the air from the flood that they had.

All the best.

Chris
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Radio Educacion 6185 AM
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 0424 UTC »
No, they've been back for a few days. In fact I've been getting better reception than I have in months, but that's probably due to the same conditions allowing some MW DXing that's been reported here and in other forums. Nothing great, mind you, but usable audio is usable audio.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Radio Educacion 6185 AM
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 2246 UTC »
No, they've been back for a few days. In fact I've been getting better reception than I have in months, but that's probably due to the same conditions allowing some MW DXing that's been reported here and in other forums. Nothing great, mind you, but usable audio is usable audio.

Agree, reception is getting better like you said. Right now i am listening to a song even though the QRM is making it difficult for me to hear but good to see them back on 6185 kHz!
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com