We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Relay Services Not Involved in Pirate War  (Read 2334 times)

Offline RadioRaven

• View Profile
Relay Services Not Involved in Pirate War
« on: March 31, 2011, 2236 UTC »
Are there currently any relay services that aren't involved in the pirate war?  I've got a show ready, but I don't want to choose sides or get involved in a war in any way.

Offline PresentedIn4D

• Syracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Relay Services Not Involved in Pirate War
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 2254 UTC »
Not as far as I know. Just wait 'till it cools off.
Syracuse, NY // FN13ua
40m Doublet + WiNRADIO Excalibur / Kenwood TS-2000
qsl @ presentedin4d at gmail . com

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 2308 UTC »
Hey, RR - to make it easier for some folks who might be willing to offer a relay, you might consider changing your HFU profile to include contact info that folks can find without having to log in here.  You might set up a throwaway or gmail account just for that purpose.

Folks who are registered here can private-message members without giving away their own e-mail addresses too.  But ops who are extra security conscious may not want to register to send a message, so make it easier for them to contact you by setting up a throwaway e-mail addy that's publicly visible via your profile page.

Also, for folks who are security conscious, as far as I know you can use proxies to log in here and mask your IPs.  But with proxies there's also a risk of your login info being swiped so don't use 'em for anything important like banking until you're sure you can trust the proxy.  I use the freebie proxies only for browsing, not for logins.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline RadioRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 2028 UTC »
That's a good idea Lex!  Relay ops can contact me at radioraven@TempEmail.net if they don't want to reply in this forum.

cmradio

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 0243 UTC »
I've been hanging more at the EU pirate boards lately... what's this "pirate war"? ???

Peace!

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 0751 UTC »
I've been hanging more at the EU pirate boards lately... what's this "pirate war"? ???

It's what makes the pirate world go 'round, the spice of strife, the yeast infection that makes your buns puffy, Sergeant Hulka's big toe, the Wile E. Coyote in your Road Runner, the Elmer Fudd in your Bugs Bunny...
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline RadioRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 2103 UTC »

The address posted earlier may not be working.  Any relay services not involved with the current relay war can contact me at radioraven@tradermail.info and it should work; I actually tested this one and it seems OK.