We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: outside a bar in Houma, Louisiana  (Read 2454 times)

Offline muremanon

• View Profile
outside a bar in Houma, Louisiana
« on: April 12, 2011, 0710 UTC »
Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Houma, Louisiana.

After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could
barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing.

After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started the car, switched the wipers on and off-it was a fine summer night, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn, and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patron's vehicles left. At last, when his was the only car in the parking lot, he pulled out
and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, pulled the man over, and administered a breathalyzer test. To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the truly proud Coonass. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

Offline Captain Crunch

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
Re: outside a bar in Houma, Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 1353 UTC »
That happens a lot here in Louisiana. lol
Kenwood Ts 430s on vertical
Kenwood Ts 140s on rotatable dipole
Radio Shack Dx 394 on longwire
Satellit 750 on Multiband Diapole

HFUnderground T-Shirt