We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 8989 kHz USB Spanish Language Monologue 2158 UTC 7 Nov 2018  (Read 774 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
8989 kHz USB Spanish Language Monologue 2158 UTC 7 Nov 2018
« on: November 07, 2018, 2201 UTC »
8989 kHz USB 8.989 MHz USB mode.  Sounds like one station talking nonstop while other stations whistle on top of him, attempt to jam him, etc.  Sort of reminds me of 7200 LSB or 14313 USB but this time its out of band and its in Spanish.  At 2159 UTC there's another station whistling on top of this guy...possibly a religious operator, he's talking about forgiveness for his sins from God at 2200 UTC, then glory to God at 2200 UTC. 

I may have stumbled upon an overly talkative outbander or perhaps another actual pirate broadcaster....I'm putting this in the Peskies forum because there's at least two or three stations attempting to either jam this guy or break in on the "QSO".  Still going strong at 2201 UTC.  Received via Sigma SDR on the CT/MA border. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns