We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale.

Author Topic: JRC CHE-199 VHF/UHF Converter Module For NRD-545  (Read 196 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
JRC CHE-199 VHF/UHF Converter Module For NRD-545
« on: November 24, 2018, 2100 UTC »
I'm selling the CHE-199 VHF/UHF Converter Module from my NRD-545 receiver, as I am selling the radio as well (to be listed later). Removed working from the 545.  I was always quite pleased with the performance of the converter, as I also have an Icom R-7000 VHF/UHF receiver (considered a top of the line radio in its day) and reception between the two was similar.

If you're a NRD-545 owner, you know how difficult it can be to find a CHE-199 module. Very few were sold relative to the number of 545's. This module allows your NRD-545 to tune 30-2000 MHz, in addition to the normal range of the NRD-545. Now you have a "DC to daylight" receiver.

As shown in the photo, I am including the anti-static bag, instruction manual, box, and the card pullers, which seem to be equally difficult to find.

Installation is easy, open the NRD-545 by removing the four screws that hold down the top lid, insert the module into the slot, plug in the RF cable that goes to the VHF/UHF N connector on the rear of the chassis, and re-attach the radio's cover. That's it!

I'm selling the CHE-199 module for $899, including free shipping. Only shipping to US addresses.  Please contact me with a private message or an email for further information.  Reasonable offers considered.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 1718 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
NRD 545 / netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 670 ft horizontal loop / 500 ft northeast beverage / 270 ft west-south-west beverage / 300 ft south beverage / 43m / 20m / 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop