We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 4111 kHz USB UNID Language - Fishing Boats Marine Traffic 2128 UTC 29 Nov '18  (Read 637 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
UNID marine net 4111 kHz USB 4.111 MHz USB.  Yes, they are actually in the 4 MHz maritime mobile band. 

Heard "barco" (boat, ship) several times.  This sounds like Italian to me.  Still pretty noisy...at 2129 UTC heard several rapid beeps.  Sounds like two stations chatting away, more mentions of "il barco", sounds a little like Spanish too....now I'm second guessing myself.  The more I listen the more I think its actually Spanish, but the accent sounds Italian if that makes any sense.  I'm picking out a lot of words, all of which are related to fishing and boats.  Still going at 2130 UTC, the second station is just at the noise floor.

Listening via the Westminster, MD KiwiSDR.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m