We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A new legal radio station from Denmark :-).  (Read 4412 times)

Offline SorensenDK

• Hillerod Denmark
    • View Profile
    • A legal radio station on 5825 kHz. short wave
    • Email
A new legal radio station from Denmark :-).
« on: December 01, 2018, 2243 UTC »
The weekends 8 - 9/12, we will premiere at a new legal radio station from Denmark at 5825 kHz. It will take place at 13:00 UTC.
The station name is 'OZ Viola' and we sent with 150 Watt AM (600 Watt PEP) from Hillerod Denmark.

Therefore, we hope, among other things, that 'Radio Harmony' and others will let the frequency be 'in peace' and give us +/- 6 kHz. necessary space (see the pirate codex).

Thanks from Radio OZ-Viola Denmark a legal radio station :-).

Read more here at 'http://ozviola.dk/:)..

PS: Also try listening to another Danish legal radio station. Edit: Radio 'WMR' (World Music Radio) on 5840 kHz.  :)..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 2341 UTC by SorensenDK »
Radio OZ-Viola is a legal low power hobby AM radio station from Denmark on 5825 kHz. More info on http://ozviola.dk/ :-)..

Offline alinton

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A new legal radio station from Denmark :-).
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 1715 UTC »
I have heard that Harmony will no longer use 5825 because of this.
Andy,
Ireland.
ICOM IC-7400, end fed LW or Gap Challenger vertical.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 1851 UTC »
Thanks for the tip, I will certainly try to hear your station!
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline SorensenDK

• Hillerod Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 1959 UTC »

We are working hard to get ready for the coming weekend  ;) ..

For further information:
As a start, we will primarily send on weekends at 13 UTC to 15 UTC, starting 8 - 9/12. Read more about this on our website.

We can when there is no traffic on the frequency maybe send some test broadcasts. Others are of course welcome to use the frequency 5825 when we are not there.

Best 73 Jan  :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 2319 UTC by SorensenDK »
Radio OZ-Viola is a legal low power hobby AM radio station from Denmark on 5825 kHz. More info on http://ozviola.dk/ :-)..

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 2257 UTC »
 Welcome! I also hope to hear this! I checked out your website and info-links and I am hoping that in the hours before local sunset here on the east coast, that we might be able to catch your show! The best time for us here would be after 2000 UTC depending on the propagation. Sadly, propagation has not been kind lately, with only a few fair openings from Europe to North America. We can only hope! I see that Harmony has found a new frequency, so that is good for you and also us East Coast listeners, as they can be heard here sometimes with a very good signal. Good luck with Radio OZ-Viola!

PS: Also try listening to another Danish legal radio station. Radio 'WRM' (World Radio Music) on 5840 kHz.  :)..

Just to make a slight correction.....Stig's low power shortwave outlet on 5840 AM is "WMR"-World Music Radio, which has been heard on the East Coast of North America during good openings!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 2307 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline SorensenDK

• Hillerod Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 2339 UTC »
Hi Skipmuck  :)

And thank you for your welcome and wishes. Yes, the 49 meter band is very 'up and down' at the time. It might be exciting to make a broadcast after 2000 UTC one day, which may not fall in the Atlantic during the road, that we must try.

Okay about WMR (uups)  ;D, Stig and his radio station also here from Denmark.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns