We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Ronin Shortwave 6955 AM  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Ronin Shortwave 6955 AM
« on: June 12, 2011, 0123 UTC »
6/12/11
6955 AM
0123z: AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long", Radio Ronin Shortwave ID, Queen "Fat Bottom Girls", ELO "Turn to Stone", Moody Blues "Knights in White Satin", RRS ID and contact info, Stones "Angie"
0140z: Off mid-song during "Angie"

SINPO=54344 until around 0135z, then faded to 44333.  Excellent signal and audio via Kentucky global tuners remote.  Seems to have a bit more thump in the bass than I've heard before with Ronin, but I don't often hear 'em clearly enough to be sure.  Minor fluttery fades, usual summer static, occasional minor ute/data tones in background.  Just a wee carrier here at home via the indoor fugly loop.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 0140 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline corq

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 6176320
    • AOL Instant Messenger - uncorq
    • View Profile
    • corq dot co
Re: Radio Ronin Shortwave 6955 AM
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 0214 UTC »
Audible signal, but just to far down to pull out here in Central FL, might be condx, was also having a tough time with Captain Morgan as well. I shall keep trying!
Icom IC-705/AirSpyHF+ Discovery via GR5V
QTH: KMCO
plz qsl: corqpub ~at~ gmail.com
Captures posted to: http://youtube.com/uncorq
Kicks, Screams and Other Heresies: http://corq.co