We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Ukraine SDR - 3731 kHz LSB Russian Propaganda War 0010 + UTC 6 Nov 2018  (Read 9949 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Listening on a Ukraine-based KiwiSDR - 3731 kHz 3.731 MHz LSB mode in the 80 meter amateur band...there's music and several stations transmitting on each other at 0013 UTC...one of the stations was pushing 30db over S9 at one point.  At 0014 UTC, I can hear an OM talking with music and jamming underneath him....very busy frequency

0015 UTC - heard "commander commander" and "capitan" - several stations jamming each other
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes, late in the evening it was exceptionally crowded at 3731 LSB and drowned itself out.
This strongest station is the leading UA1CC (named Center Center).
The Russian leading station does not talk with listeners, it drowns music and political recordings from its radio stations or read comments by professional announcers. Russian HAMs annoy the UA leader but they have much less power.

- Today, for now, 40 and 80mb is calm.
RX888 ( SDR-FE-PLAY, HRD-747, Sony XDR-F1HD),
Ant. Sky Loop 180m 15m AGL, Sky Loop 120m 35m AGL
       + QRM X-phase eliminator
QTH: Gdańsk N.Poland  Ru/Sp/Gr/Sb=Russian,Spanish,Greek,Serbien
eQSL appreciated to: 13krzycho@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Checking the Lutsk, Ukraine based KiwiSDR at 2202 UTC and I am hearing several stations on 3731 kHz LSB....but not nearly as strong as they were last night.  80 meters is active with several QSOs on-going on nearby frequencies. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tonight is calmer, worse propagation than yesterday at night.
Typical propaganda talks of the UA leader from HAMs from UA. RU is shouting a little.
Checking the Lutsk Kiwi is good choise, but there may be better places  !
0051 UTC 07 Dec UA political coments record- reference to the situation of Ukraine and Poland during and past of the WW2. Russian domination and attempts to restore it now.
-very strong and wide full modulation
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 0116 UTC by kris »
       + QRM X-phase eliminator

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
So Russia is using high power military transmitters on 3731 kHz but what about the Ukrainians?  I presume its just amateur-level or consumer COTS gear?   Sounds like the Russians are owning the frequency when they transmit.  Propaganda war on 80 meters.

Offline kris

• Marconi Class DXer
  • N.Poland
    • View Profile
    • Email
So Russia is using high power military transmitters on 3731 kHz but what about the Ukrainians?  I presume its just amateur-level or consumer COTS gear?   Sounds like the Russians are owning the frequency when they transmit.  Propaganda war on 80 meters.
I usually listen from my location, which gives me a good estimate of the signal level, better reception and separation of UA stations from RU. The signal level of the leading stations is a few S higher than the level of amateur stations. I see it perfectly on the HDSDR waterfall. It was this unprecedented image in the HAMs band, that drew my attention for the first time. This is more than 1 KW of power that can have HAMs on the tranceivers from the store. In the Polish army, Russian HF transmitters with the power of 3 and 5 kW were used - I am convinced that such a transmitters use both radio war leaders.
  As for the host of this FRQ you are right. It's clear from the listening:
"RU> it is the Belarusian frequency, who is talking, be silent ..."(does it indicate QTH?)
"UA> this is the frequency of Putin's Crimean pederasts, do not listen ..." ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 2250 UTC by kris »
       + QRM X-phase eliminator

Offline davidasleep

• View Profile
Re: Ukraine SDR - 3731 kHz LSB Russian Propaganda War 0010 + UTC 6 Nov 2018
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 0235 UTC »
Anyone been able to pick up the very strange and entertaining ghost broadcasts of a person calling himself "Duke Nuke'em" / 3731 kHz typically around 2:30 AM UTC/ I have recorded several transmission/ highly entertaining and very avant-garde in his presentations or broadcasts (mostly done in English) / Seems the main function of the broadcasts beyond sheer entertainment is to jam the frequency/or bleed over other outside transmissions     

Offline Rurik

• UKRAINE
  • ESSB RURIK RADIO
    • View Profile
    • STRUGGLE WITH RUSSIAN NAZI PROPAGANDA IN RADIO
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 0919 UTC »
Hello! 3.731 frequency of Belarusian radio amateurs, the most famous of them are Igor EW1MM from Minsk. He is the first in the Soviet Union amateur radio signal ESSB signal quality. All Belarusian radio stations have a European look and aspirations for the Western world, away from accession Russia. Where the Russian world is there devastation, murder, hunger and lack of rights and freedoms. We Ukrainian stations come to support our brothers Belarusians. The Moscow horde stifles them by the line at their frequencies wherever they work. It does not allow them to make contacts and communicate at their round table. Belarusians have not once changed the frequency at which they work before it was 3.688 In a word, the Putin Nazi world is trying to strangle everyone who has a different point of view and does not support them in their aggression and war. Everything that the Russian world creates in quotation marks at a given frequency falls under the criminal liability - inciting ethnic hatred between peoples. Now there is a station that is very close to Poland, and in Poland itself it constantly drowns out Igor from Minsk. In my Carpathians, she does not go well 9 points. But on Polish websdr it is very loud 20 points. I suppose that Putin’s ancestor appeared in Poland that is jamming Belarusians. Nobody can drown my station and my friend Sergey. They drown out weak signals.
GLORY TO UKRAINE
GLORY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Offline Rurik

• UKRAINE
  • ESSB RURIK RADIO
    • View Profile
    • STRUGGLE WITH RUSSIAN NAZI PROPAGANDA IN RADIO
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 0959 UTC »
Once again I read that you write that the state of Ukraine is behind our powerful Ukrainian stations. This is not true. No one does not support us. All that we do for our money in the future of our state, Ukraine.
We defend the choice of the Ukrainian People freedom and democracy on the Valanter movement for our money. The Ukrainian state does not respond to this problem in any way, but it does not touch us either. I have repeatedly written to various clubs, organizations including the USA and Europe, about our movement’s assistance in the fight against propaganda from Moscow, but as it turned out, no one needs it. Know in the West waiting for a repeat of 1937. The Kremlin propaganda of Nazism is evil.
My transceiver is amateurish and does not withstand so many hours in the radio, if it breaks then I can no longer work in the radio since there is no free money to buy a new radio.
And the fact that our signals are superior to the Kremlin’s propagandists is our golden hands, such a talented people of Ukraine.
You must understand one thing that we Ukraine is a different people from Russian. We can organize ourselves and we don’t need a state or a leader who organizes us. The Ukrainian is born a free personality and hovers in life like our Falcon of Rusia-Ukraine. Rusia is Ukraine and not Moscow and Muscovy. The coat of arms of Ukraine is a falcon of Kievan Rus. Gerd of the founder of Kiev Rurik.
Muscovy is a horde and therefore have nothing to do with the Slovenes and therefore came to the Donbass to kill the Rusichs. Brother brother will not kill. Since the brother’s mother’s blood flows.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 1012 UTC by Rurik »
GLORY TO UKRAINE
GLORY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns