We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Unid 15862 kHz USB 08 dec 2018  (Read 3476 times)

Offline kalvados

• View Profile
Unid 15862 kHz USB 08 dec 2018
« on: December 10, 2018, 0540 UTC »
08 dec 2018 08:38z 15862 kHz USB unid station electronik music non stop, no voice, no ID

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QYDH_rz2sNk1xAZh1LkO9DyDNjCkQNwZ

--
Oleg

Offline mr. mike

• West Coast
    • View Profile
Re: Unid 15862 kHz USB 08 dec 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 1807 UTC »
I recognize the music - it's used as "hold" music by telephone scammers after their robocall autodialers ring you up and you press "1." Thus it must be part of a standard music package used outside of the US, because those guys are mostly Indian.
"I will not be filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered." - Number 6

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 2059 UTC »
Interesting use of that music in the fixed/mobile band 15600 kHz to 16460 kHz, although that frequency range is also used by maritime or marine mobile stations operating out of band.  It could very well be a channel marker or "holder" of some sort, or maybe somebody testing.....because "hold music" makes sense as the best way to test your new radio link..
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline mr. mike

• West Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 0612 UTC »
Interesting use of that music in the fixed/mobile band 15600 kHz to 16460 kHz, although that frequency range is also used by maritime or marine mobile stations operating out of band.  It could very well be a channel marker or "holder" of some sort, or maybe somebody testing.....because "hold music" makes sense as the best way to test your new radio link....

I thought if they are testing for readability, they would use a tone generator or a synth doing scales or a voice saying stock phrases. "The Buzzer" (MDZhB aka UVB-76 or UZB-76) in Russia is a channel marker/holder for the military district east of Moscow, and all it does is buzz off and on until the top of the hour when it does a two-tone buzz, then it resumes.....using hold music seems like overkill for a marker. I think this is "weird" pirate radio testing.
"I will not be filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered." - Number 6