We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6479 kHz USB English Language Marine Traffic 2155 UTC 12 Dec 2018  (Read 623 times)

Online R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
6479 kHz 6.479 MHz - English language heard, OM and a YL talking, heavy Carribean accents...sounds like a husband and wife talking?  Reminds me of the radiotelephone-like QSOs heard.  Possibly speaking a pidgin language, because I just heard "get you tomorrow?" "talk tomorrow" and then something in what sounded like French at 2156 UTC.  I think this is a fishery radio net, or a fishermen talking to his wife.  "He's going to the ship" at 2157.  Confirmation that this is maritime-related.  "ya okay" sounds like Caribbean origin.   
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m