We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: MAC Shortwave 6924.5 am  (Read 932 times)

Newfoundland DXer

MAC Shortwave 6924.5 am
« on: July 14, 2011, 0006 UTC »
0001 tune in, time signal beeps, kids song?, Paul Starr intro, “Hang on Snoopy”

35342 tonight

Cheers,Terry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 0042 UTC by Newfoundland DXer »

Offline stevechisox

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MAC Shortwave 6924.5 am
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 1641 UTC »
Picked this one up as well 6925.0 AM. Started listening at 0:07 UTC and listened all the way to signoff at around 0:45ish. Great stuff. Great production and good oldies. Due to my age (late 20s) I am unable to identify most of the songs, I've heard them but don't know who the names of the bands. First song was the one that goes "doo ah diddy diddy dum diddy doo" Plenty of good IDs. Signal was great in Chicago, some noise and static made it difficult at points. Was really booming from 0:07 to 0:20. My power was out, but I emailed Paul Star with my blackberry. email given: macshortwave@yahoo.com

Picked up the station first with a slinky antenna I had outside (I was sharing the radio with my family, our only source of entertainment) and than I brought it upstairs to connect it to the wire antenna.

Equipment: Sony 2010, 75 ft outdoor wire antenna.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns