We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DPRK Wall Calendar  (Read 1048 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
DPRK Wall Calendar
« on: December 26, 2018, 2223 UTC »
More shortwave radio related swag arrived in the mail today, a giant 28 by 14 inch wall calendar from Voice of Korea, DPRK (North Korea).  Click on the link to see all 13 pages from the calendar.

https://imgur.com/a/e5u9PGh

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: DPRK Wall Calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 2229 UTC »
Ah yes, even in death the Great Comrades are with us always. Is there any way to coax you into posting images for every month? :D

Edit: saw the link to the whole album. Most excellent.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 0138 UTC by MDK2 »
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 2307 UTC »
My favorite yearly gift calendar was from KBS - each year a different theme - parks, historic landmarks, religious sites, transportation, etc.  One year it was solely K-pop bands, made for quite the conversation piece in my office.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 0035 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline sat_dxer

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 2356 UTC »
flipping a calendar's page ahead of time brings bad luck
Most times & frequencies posted are only an approximation.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 2303 UTC »
Back in the 70's, the National Lampoon ran a parody of Playboy's annual "Girls of The Big 10" (and various conferences) with "Girls of The Communist Bloc". Miss DRNK was a young lady in shredded clothes holding a giant wrench, identified as "Miss Kim; mechanic at Power Station 24" and her line was "My clothes were blown off in boiler explosion".

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 2328 UTC »
I noticed that there is a red letter day for the birth of Dear Leader's Father (Feb 16) and Grandfather (April 15), but no red letter for the man himself....found this story.....

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-north-korea-is-not-celebrating-kim-jong-un-birthday-2018-1
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 2330 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 2348 UTC »
I noticed that there is a red letter day for the birth of Dear Leader's Father (Feb 16) and Grandfather (April 15), but no red letter for the man himself....found this story.....

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-north-korea-is-not-celebrating-kim-jong-un-birthday-2018-1

The don't really deify them until after they die, or are getting close to it. Unless his morbid obesity takes him down by the age of 50, it's going to be a long time until he's getting that treatment.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline sat_dxer

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 0128 UTC »
Back in the 70's, the National Lampoon ran a parody of Playboy's annual "Girls of The Big 10" (and various conferences) with "Girls of The Communist Bloc". Miss DRNK was a young lady in shredded clothes holding a giant wrench, identified as "Miss Kim; mechanic at Power Station 24" and her line was "My clothes were blown off in boiler explosion".

http://www.pyongyangtrafficgirls.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neNr7DrhFWc
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 0140 UTC by sat_dxer »
Most times & frequencies posted are only an approximation.