We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NRS 6930 AM  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
NRS 6930 AM
« on: July 28, 2011, 0244 UTC »
Hope we are making it into your neck of the woods.

Doc John

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NRS 6930 AM
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 0331 UTC »
Just a carrier here at home with indoor loop and via remote tuners.  Will try outdoors with portable now the outside temp has dropped below 100F.

0406z: Outdoors with Sony ICF-2010 portable in AM sync mode, only hearing male voice with continuous talking, sounds like news or commentary.  Broken only by brief musical interlude at top of hour, 0400z, then back to fellow's narrative.  Fierce QRN from static crashes, might try again with loop outdoors.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 0410 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 0354 UTC »
About S-3 here, too much QRN (perhaps thunderstorm) for solid copy. I'm hearing you best on about 6927.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 1409 UTC »
Dam summer atmosphere always playing tricks on me  >:(. Can't wait for fall propagation .Had to stop transmitting around soon after due to lightning ,but thanks for the reports anyhow.

Did check the FRN and got a good report from Walt CANSWL, and since I am banned there for not kissing CB's ass I want to send out a thanks to Walt in Victoria. Good to know you are still out there.

Like MacArthur, I too shall return.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 1444 UTC by Northern Relay Service »

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 1758 UTC »
Once it was obvious what was going on over there I tried to ban MYSELF from the Furreh Radio Network site. I politely asked to be removed from any lists and for them to forget that they ever heard of me. They assured me that would be so. Yet I STILL received that SPAM email from them about the guy losing his money and needing more.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Nella F.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 2227 UTC »
("Sorry for the lateness of this reply" said Ringo & I) 6.930 am., 0242utc., July 28, signal fair to good, slow fading, President Obama's voice from speech segment @ 0247utc., "Northern Relay Service" @ 0253, Male, British accent mentioning dystopian writings of Orwell & A. Huxley, signal drifting down slow & steady. Cdr. Bunny speaking, giving endorsement of show & email address for NRS @ 0305utc., atmos. interference increasing, mentioned "hfunderground", book "Angels Don't Play This Haarp" @0308utc. Too much noise now!
"Bored Now."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 2236 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline stevechisox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 0534 UTC »
I wasn't able to pick up anything in Chicago, but the conditions are just horrible  tonight., probably the worst they have been all summer (which is saying something).