We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6215 USB 6 MHz Marine Calling/Distress w/ pescadores 2138 UTC 15 Jan 2019  (Read 779 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
I know that this sort of straddles the gray area between Peskies and Utility, but since these users are marine mobile operating on real HF-SSB marine frequencies...I decided to post in Utility.  Hearing at least two different QSOs in progress on 6215 kHz, USB mode.  One of them involves a YL, but her signal is weakest. 

Heard via the Westminster, MD KiwiSDR.  Tune in time: 2138 UTC.  YL now chatting at 2139 UTC, does not seem to be distress traffic to me...  ::)
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m