We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The FRN  (Read 15053 times)

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
The FRN
« on: August 22, 2011, 0501 UTC »
I can't seem to access the Furreh Radio Network site; is it my browser or they in fact down?
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The FRN
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 0940 UTC »
Seems to be up, at the moment.  When in doubt, try http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Nella F.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 2130 UTC »
It was down yesterday & is down just now. Are the "wars" gettin' nastier now, humm? For you see I'm very
Bored Now! Need entertainment, now. And HOW!
     ::)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 2132 UTC by Nella F. »

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 2155 UTC »
It would just be wrong to take pleasure in the misfortune of others. To laugh at the FRN just because it is old and decrepit, just like some of its posters, would be reprehensible. To point out that there are other pirate radio boards that are more reliable, visited, and beloved, not to mention interesting, would certainly be beyond the pale.

We here at HFU hope that that the FRN is repaired just as soon as is humanly possible, and we offer all of our spare chewing gum and baling wire to help it struggle, gasping, to its feet perhaps one last, feeble, time.

It was down yesterday & is down just now. Are the "wars" gettin' nastier now, humm? For you see I'm very

Offline textim

• Raleigh, NC
  • Hello? *tap tap* Is this thing on?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 0324 UTC »

We here at HFU hope that that the FRN is repaired just as soon as is humanly possible, and we offer all of our spare chewing gum and baling wire to help it struggle, gasping, to its feet perhaps one last, feeble, time.

Raleigh, NC

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 0706 UTC »
I've got a roll of duct tape signed by Red Green himself.

cmradio

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 1136 UTC »
Fansome, you are a hero :D

Peace!

Afterthought:
Maybe Irene pulled the extension cord from the wall? ???

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 1335 UTC »

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Nella F.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 2245 UTC »
"It would just be wrong to take pleasure in the misfortune of others. To laugh at the FRN just because..." Blah, blah, blah, etc.
Yeah but you see I have no heart & therefore don't care but you do so you can just have pity for me & maybe it will add to your positive karma & other such stuff... oh thanks for the reminder I'm almost out of duct tape.  ::)

Fansome

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 0330 UTC »
 You don't have a heart? I suspect you to be my ex.
Shame on you for tracking me down.

"It would just be wrong to take pleasure in the misfortune of others. To laugh at the FRN just because..." Blah, blah, blah, etc.
Yeah but you see I have no heart & therefore don't care but you do so you can just have pity for me & maybe it will add to your positive karma & other such stuff... oh thanks for the reminder I'm almost out of duct tape.  ::)

Nella F.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 2225 UTC »
Fansome adroitly remarks: "Shame on you for 'tracking' me down." Speaking of tracking, has anyone visited http://shortwavedx.blogspot.com & noticed that your location is instantly posted on the "Live Traffic Feed"? Wazzup Widat?!
"Concerned Now"
         :o

Newfoundland DXer

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 0037 UTC »
This is an extremely well-visited site, so there are literally addresses from around the world.  How much damage is done by knowing there was a visiter from "Manchester, England" or "Mount Pearl, Canada"?  No way for anyone to tell if it was a pirate, listener or just someone hitting a link.  And no IP's, so nothing to worry about.  (BTW, Mount Pearl is not my actual location, but that's what comes up on the the Live Traffic Feed)

Personally,  http://shortwavedx.blogspot.com is my first stop after turning on the radio. 

But, if you are concerned, use a proxy.

Cheers, Terry

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 1443 UTC »
Don't be fooled into thinking that only a general location being listed keeps you safe. This past year I was frequently attacked by the floppy eared one and his sock puppet army because they saw my I.P. address and assumed I was Northern Relay Service. So be wary; cowards, hiding behind anonymity, can be a pain in the ass.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline The Hokie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 1500 UTC »
The FRN was my online introduction to the pirate community, back in '99 or so...guess any place has an ebb and flow.
The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 1533 UTC »
Marcus Vick,is that you? You havin' any luck with the new crop of 8th grade shorties in Blacksburg?