We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 27255 kHz 27.255 MHz FSK Data Link ΣSDR COMMSIGMA SDR KiwiSDR 1700 UTC 18 Feb 19  (Read 1664 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
27255 kHz 27.255 MHz 27258 27253 USB LSB via COMMSIGMA KiwiSDR

FSK data signals, at least two different stations (going by difference in signal strength) with some QRM from AM CB traffic down in the noise at 1700 UTC (1200 noon local time) COMMSIGMA KiwiSDR on the CT/MA border.  The band seems closed at this time so I am presuming this is the same 27.255 MHz data link FSK data burst network logged back in December.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Paul Kursey

• Bergen NY
  • Linux- Safer & Secure.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Curious about these signals, Just purchased an SDR for my Dell Laptop. I hope to check it out! -Western NY.
Learning VHF UHF and 11 meters. Encryption, learning to expand my horizons.

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
They're likely telemetry links using 27.255 MHz with FSK modulation.  Under Part 95 of the FCC rules you can use up to 25 watts on 27.255 MHz...please do update us if you hear anything on these frequencies.  It will largely be dependent on what antenna(s) you use.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m