We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice numbers?  (Read 2006 times)

Matt285

Voice numbers?
« on: March 12, 2019, 1140 UTC »
Aside from HM01 Cuban numbers are there any other voice numbers stations that can be heard in the South Eastern united states? Thanks

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
Re: Voice numbers?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 1416 UTC »
Aside from HM01 Cuban numbers are there any other voice numbers stations that can be heard in the South Eastern united states? Thanks

In my experience, it all depends on the band conditions. And right now, we are in the midst of some of the worst conditions in the 11 year "solar minimum" cycle. (From Google: "Solar minimum is the period of least solar activity in the 11 year solar cycle of the Sun. During this time, sunspot and solar flare activity diminishes, and often does not occur for days at a time.").

When band conditions improve and if you have a good antenna, then you can probably catch a European number station or two.

Online Rob.

• View Profile
    • N1NTE KiwiSDR online
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 1640 UTC »
If you are interested in catching number stations via online radios go to http://priyom.org/

Right above the calendar is a link that will take you to an online receiver that is tuned to the correct frequency. Still fun to listen to even if you don't intercept it on your own radio.
- Rob

CT/MA border
Email: n1nte.rob@gmail.com
KiwiSDR (x4) online - http://sigmasdr.ddns.net:8073/
ΣSDR Blog - https://n1nte.blogspot.com/

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 1644 UTC »

On Saturday night (Sunday mornings UTC) a Russian station known as "V07" is copyable to the west coast. While that might not mean that it's copyable in the Southeast, it's worth looking for, especially if you're in Florida. They can get Asian signals well there, and this one transmits from Far East Russia to the Pacific. Use the priyom link that Σ posted to see when it's on. I think this month it's at 0100 /0120 / 0140 UTC, which is in the 9:00pm hour now that DST is in effect.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Matt285

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 1705 UTC »
Thanks, I do live in Florida actually.