We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: For you, Monitoring Times issues!  (Read 881 times)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
For you, Monitoring Times issues!
« on: March 29, 2019, 2052 UTC »
Perhaps not safe for our esteemed euro members, but here they are for you to dl and admire, 1982 to 2012 inclusive;
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Monitoring-Times.htm

Some of them have worthy articles on antenna construction and so on and so forth. Also hosted at that site are gobs of olde tyme radio and electronics magazines from when man first learned to abuse the ionosphere, so check them out too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 1803 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: For you, Monitoring Times issues!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 2109 UTC »
Thanks, Chris!

I passed on an issue early in this century where Bob had plans for a homemade MW ATU made of nothing but a hunk of PVC and wire to form the coil and taps. I'm still kicking myself for passing on it. I figured it would still be there the next week. Wrong.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: For you, Monitoring Times issues!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 2153 UTC »
I had a huge pile of mt in good condition, sold the lot cheap at a HAMfest. Years later regret selling, figured I'd never get to read them again and today saw a post at udxf from the host and we are back in biz! Like you I passed on the current issue hoping to catch the marked down pile later. Mr Ladd of Ladd Electronics in Omaha would sell an entire year for pennies on the dollar.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 2158 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.