We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: War On Meat  (Read 5655 times)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
Re: War On Meat
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 0026 UTC »
Soros is a globalist, so the same in AU as in USA.   ::)

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 1647 UTC »
Yes, often the same scruffy faces are seen at alternative protests/demos, commonly referred to as "Rent-A-Crowd"... ;)
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 1822 UTC »
I'm all for people advocating their positions on diets, especially if they have some facts to share. But draw the line at trying to restrict my choices, not to mention outright violence, which only seems to happen with certain groups. I may be wrong, but I don't recall hearing about a bunch of bacon eating keto eaters burning down a vegan tofu factory.  ;D

Which brings me to lunch today. The store had NY strip roasts on sale, so I cut it into four thick slices, roasted one in a slow 225F oven, then seared in a pan with some butter. Medium rare, of course:

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 1958 UTC »
I haven't seen a environmental terrorist story in the news since at least a hundred mass shootings ago...    :P

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 2010 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 2036 UTC »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 2052 UTC »
I enjoyed the ones who spent months in tents year round on plywood platforms in redwoods in the Northwest. It was a foolish thing to do, hurricane force winds and torrential snow and rain in the winter, but I gave them points for guts and dedication. One slip when you're pulling supplies up from the support team and that's the end of you.

I didn't like the tree spiking types. Logging is dangerous enough without someone who thinks they're the "Guardian of The Woods" spiking trees and causing one of those heavy duty chainsaws to kick back and cut the operator in half. It's hard to tell how many of the randomly spiked booby-trapped trees are still out there waiting to kill a guy who's just trying to make a living.

Now the PETA girls who would paint their nude bodies like various animals and appear in public places? That should be encouraged.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 2143 UTC »
What part of that was violent?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3lNKh3UYAA8x9m.jpg

It wasn't just people carrying signs (that would be perfectly fine), they also broke into meat processing companies.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 2149 UTC »
It's ok for the antifascists to do the same things as fascists yet fancy themselves as antifascists, the end justifies the means you know.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 2218 UTC »
Josh, if you want to compare fascists to antifascists start by naming some.

Edit:

Make a list,   antifascists on the left   8)   fascists on the right    :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 2301 UTC by JimIO »

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 1225 UTC »
Some good news, support for the "EAT Lancet" diet proposal, which promoted essentially forcing the world's population to adopt a nearly meat free diet, is collapsing. 

"In a press release, the “permanent mission,” as the office is known, also suggested the report was not sufficiently independent, and aimed for nothing less than the “total elimination of the freedom of choice” by consumers."

“There are few exceptions, but the status of epidemiological literature is not at a level to allow us to make these types of very detailed, specific recommendations,” Ioannidis tells me. For that reason, the health claims in the EAT-Lancet diet are “science fiction. I can’t call it anything else.”

https://newfoodeconomy.org/world-health-organization-drops-its-high-profile-endorsement-of-the-eat-lancet-diet/
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 1226 UTC »
Make a list,   antifascists on the left   8)   fascists on the right    :D

Here I am, Stuck in the middle with you  :)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD