We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: I/Q recordings of fm pirates  (Read 9042 times)

Offline Tim Bucknall

• View Profile
    • Email
I/Q recordings of fm pirates
« on: April 09, 2019, 1713 UTC »
Does anyone want to trade I/Q recordings of FM pirates so I can tune them and imagine i’m visiting your cities ? :D

I’ve got hours of i/Q Recordings of a short lived Romanian pirate on 87.5 from somewhere in England
And an Irish pirate from Cork heard during a lift on... you guessed it 87.5!

sadly I accidentally deleted my recordings of a local Polish pirate in which you could actually hear them blow out their amplifier stage!

I can make more recordings as stations pop up

My location allows reception of Pirates in the big cities of Liverpool and Birmingham

Rx is elad FDM-S2 ant is CLP 5130 Log period on rooftop rotator
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 1722 UTC by Tim Bucknall »

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: I/Q recordings of fm pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 2023 UTC »
Remind me in half a year and I can make a recording of the semi local MW pirate that plays non stop Christmas music.  ;D
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 1702 UTC »
You can hunt and peck through WBCQ's Pirate Archive list,   http://radionewyorkinternational.com/archives/pirate/   Happy hunting!!!!
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline blw

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 2209 UTC »
I think the WBCQ free radio link has been hijacked. Nothing but dubious downloads for pay to listen services. At least that is the way it looks unless I'm missing where the free radio downloads are.
All logs made from my own SDRs, boatanchors, and antennas
QTH: vicinity of Auburn, Alabama

please eQSL to: slowrollsandloops@gmail.com (thank you)

Offline Tim Bucknall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 1336 UTC »
Remind me in half a year and I can make a recording of the semi local MW pirate that plays non stop Christmas music.  ;D

i like it!

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 1630 UTC »

i like it!

Actually I heard them playing Christmas music in July on a Monday, I need to check and see if that is a regularly scheduled program .
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 0029 UTC »
What could be more festive??
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 1911 UTC »
Does anyone want to trade I/Q recordings of FM pirates so I can tune them and imagine i’m visiting your cities ? :D

I’ve got hours of i/Q Recordings of a short lived Romanian pirate on 87.5 from somewhere in England
And an Irish pirate from Cork heard during a lift on... you guessed it 87.5!

sadly I accidentally deleted my recordings of a local Polish pirate in which you could actually hear them blow out their amplifier stage!

I can make more recordings as stations pop up

My location allows reception of Pirates in the big cities of Liverpool and Birmingham

Rx is elad FDM-S2 ant is CLP 5130 Log period on rooftop rotator

Those IQ recordings must be a big file size no? Interesting idea. I don't have an SDR to offer any trades though but I'm surprised you don't have any other takers