We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: It's all good in the pirate world.  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
It's all good in the pirate world.
« on: October 15, 2011, 0328 UTC »
I remember going months without hearing ANY pirate activity. Yet in the last year since the rodents have crawled back in their holes I've been hearing at least one station each week. Some weeks there's stations on EVERY night. As I write this NRS and RTN are freakin' BLASTING in here with diverse, interesting programming. These are truely good times to be a pirate enthusiast.
***Update***After I wrote this Renegade Radio also came on with a great signal. Three quality pirates in one night! Received beautiful QSL's from Northern Relay Service and Renegade Radio within 12 hours.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 1545 UTC by Jolly Roger »
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's all good in the pirate world.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 1549 UTC »
I agree JR 2011 is going to go down as a great year for pirate radio despite what certain sharp toothed individuals say. So far we have seen at least 5 new regular  stations come about.
Captain Ron Shortwave,Radio True North,Red Mercury Labs , Northern Relay Service, XFM, and many  more not so regular .
To add to it all we are finally seeing sunspots a plenty and conditions to match.
Its true that after every popular revolution comes a renaissance .

Doc John