We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale.

Author Topic: The WW2 Radio Shack  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ludwig

• View Profile
    • Email
The WW2 Radio Shack
« on: April 18, 2019, 1714 UTC »
For those who are interested, I have added some updates concerning the secret WW2 radio shack, follow the menus for various pages.

The URL is https://sites.google.com/view/ww2secretradiostation
I am moving to the farm on a permanent basis in about 3 months, and progress will then be quicker...
The book "The Key Messenger" is progressing well. It is amazing what one can dig out about stay behind organisations (SBO's) today.
Anyway, have a look, I have started to add some download pages as well, and these will be updated with photos of receivers, transmitters, circuits, manuals etc.

Ludwig

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 1837 UTC by Ludwig »

Offline ThElectriCat

• Hillsboro OR
    • View Profile
Re: The WW2 Radio Shack
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 1612 UTC »
This is really cool!
I wish you best of luck with your adventures in restoring such a site, and I look forward to reading your book.
In another life, I could have been a telephone engineer.

Offline Ludwig

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 2211 UTC »
Google changed the page address

to

https://sites.google.com/view/ww2secretradiostation

Offline Telegrapher

• The Netherlands
  • UVB-76 bought me in the SWL'ing habit.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 1430 UTC »
I love the history of radio spying and alike. From one time pads to numeric code and huge bulky equipment all in a single base station with bulletproof walls and the smell of old electronics. Cold and dark, hidden in the middle of nowhere. Thatís what my kind of radio shack eventually will be looking like. Inspiration is all around when just digging into it. :)