We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: "Brexit Radio" 6210 was 6225 AM 1834 utc 27 apr 2019  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Brian

• Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brexit Radio 6210 was 6225 AM 1834 utc 27 apr 2019
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 2208 UTC »
Antenna polarization generally gets scrambled when it bounces off the F-Layer
True.
A few years ago I did an A/B test. I ran my 150 watts into the inv V and then the vertical antenna. At about 100 miles, the received signal on the V was an s9. On the vertical it was 0. The difference at greater distances was less.

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 2214 UTC »
I don't really see the point of a political SW broadcast in this day and age. Its nothing that isn't already on you tube or social media and on the internet it would have far more listeners. However, my comments may explain why somebody has decided to set up a TX broadcasting this stuff. I'm not expressing a political view - it cannot be denied that the UK political system is in terrible state and the events that have taken place recently, ie the ignoring of a referendum by MPs are unprecedented, trust in Westminster has never been this low probably in the last 500 years

Offline The Ether Hacker

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 2214 UTC »
Antenna polarization generally gets scrambled when it bounces off the F-Layer

True, although the type of antenna used makes a lot of difference... at least on the kiwiSDRs with multiple antenna options... and results seem to vary from station to station, even when both are broadcasting at similar power
Antennas: Multi-band doublet for 80 to 10m HF and vertical groundplane
RX: Kenwood R-2000
QTH: Northern England

Offline Ray Lalleu

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Western part of France
    • View Profile
Re: Unid 6210 was 6225 AM 1834 utc 27 apr 2019
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 2215 UTC »
Laser off air on 6205 so I'm guessing this is their transmitter.

I thought that too, Brian, but I'm not 100% sure about that, it could just be a coincidence... also, currently at 2110 UTC the signal is receiveable in Norwich, Norfolk, and I know that skip distances on 48 meters at this time are around 750 km, so, this would put the possible TX site on the very edge of the West Coast of Ireland, anywhere from the South West to Donegal... also I think they are using a fair amount of power, as other pirate stations, including the silent carrier of Coast FM on 6230 khz are not as strong around Europe as 6210 khz....

... maybe it is a special setup, as the West Coast of Ireland is ideal for daytime coverage of the UK, even with skip zones of  300 km during the daytime, you would cover England, Wales and Scotland from the West coast of Ireland.... clever thinking

There is another Irish SW not on the air tonight, and that's a stronger one ! And wanting to lease air time !
D/E/F/G/It/Sp : Dutch/English/French/German/Italian/Spanish
+/- : about 0.02 offset, ++/-- 0.03/0.04 offset
Balanced wire antennas, wire lines and ATU
*** Mes pages ex-OEM : semaines des OC, radios-médias, techniques de réception, en français, demandez  les ! ***

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns