We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Brexit on radio (was LHH on 28 Apr 2019  (Read 1266 times)

Offline fox558

• View Profile
Brexit on radio (was LHH on 28 Apr 2019
« on: April 30, 2019, 0132 UTC »
Yes I've heard them at times mentioning brexit since it all started years ago but not as much as all the legal stations in the UK ie BBC etc, who are on about it all day every day, either in news or a talking topic, with phone ins.
I have never heard any talk about drugs on Laser, I have heard them talking about drink though.

Offline The Ether Hacker

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit on radio (was LHH on 28 Apr 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 0410 UTC »
Yes I've heard them at times mentioning brexit since it all started years ago but not as much as all the legal stations in the UK ie BBC etc, who are on about it all day every day, either in news or a talking topic, with phone ins.
I have never heard any talk about drugs on Laser, I have heard them talking about drink though.

I remember hearing a Laser DJ talk about legalising Marijuana

Regarding Brexit Repetitive Syndrome on the airwaves, legal or pirate, the film "Groundhog day" (1993) comes to mind with Bill Murray.....
Antennas: Multi-band doublet for 80 to 10m HF and vertical groundplane
RX: Kenwood R-2000
QTH: Northern England

Offline fox558

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 1941 UTC »
This will go on until we have left the EU and it will be groundhog day until then. You can blame our Prime Minister for that with her awful 'deal' and so many MPs for trying to stop brexit , that's why its not done and dusted by now....

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 0349 UTC »
Here in China, locals who follow international politics look down very much on the turmoil in the British parliament.

When the current foreign secretary visited Beijing and introduced his Chinese wife as a Japanese lady to the Chinese cadres, the Chinese media had a feeding frenzy.

I was hauled over the coals by the local public security, 3 days of interviews with my Chinese wife present, and at last I was forced to sign and fingerprint about 25 letters of apology, because my new passport's starting date was prior to the expiry date of my old one, and I had exceeded the 10-day period to visit them to get my new residence permit. I couldn't avoid this time delay because my new passport was issued in the UK and then sent by courier service to Beijing, where I collected it after rail travel to the sloppy outsourced agent there acting for HMPO. When I initially applied for my new passport in Beijing, my old passport was returned to me intact!

Offline Jock Wilson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 1817 UTC »
https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/business-and-law/u-k-broadcasters-vary-in-concern-about-brexit

I think Peter Moore has the credentials to be PM = Prime Minister.

Good to see he has expressed his opinion on behalf of  Radio Caroline, unlike those other (fence-sitting) licensed broadcasters!   

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns