We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Beacon at 6947u - 13 dits and 1 dah  (Read 2243 times)

Offline CptFourA

• View Profile
    • Email
Beacon at 6947u - 13 dits and 1 dah
« on: October 24, 2011, 0350 UTC »
Heard what sounds to be a beacon on 6947 (? 6947.1). It transmits 13 dits and 1 dah on a loop. I've been hearing this since about 0300z. Its audible at the top of the noise here at my location. Any idea where this one is located or additional details?

The few places I looked and searched I didn't seem to find any mention of this one. Is there a "definitive" reference for PHFER's? Google and the HFU Wiki seem to be my best resources at this point.

4a.
-= Mesa,Arizona =-
Icom IC-718 and doublet

cmradio

Re: Beacon at 6947u - 13 dits and 1 dah
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 0517 UTC »
Arizona and Utah seem to be two lucky states that can hear a 1mW flea fart on Titan ;D

Peace!

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Beacon at 6947u - 13 dits and 1 dah
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 1124 UTC »
The few places I looked and searched I didn't seem to find any mention of this one. Is there a "definitive" reference for PHFER's? Google and the HFU Wiki seem to be my best resources at this point.

Several of us try to update the HFU wiki as new beacons are reported. Feel free to add any you find, as well. Due to the nature of these beacons, I don't think the operators advertise them too much, hence the difficulty in finding concise up to date information.

http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/High_Frequency_Beacon
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns