We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Indy 500 Broadcast & QSL  (Read 798 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Indy 500 Broadcast & QSL
« on: May 24, 2019, 2129 UTC »
There is at least one broadcaster at the Indy 500 this weekend that will acknowledge reception reports with a qsl.

AL, when you view the link's most recent qsl galleries please have on your eclipse glasses to avert blindness.  Although, Belinda might be grateful if you fail to wear eye,...ahem, protection.

http://w9ims.org

I am not sure whether World Harvest Radio is carrying the actual race.  They did prior to 2018 and it was received by HFU posters on 15180 or 15760 (yours truly).  The official Indy 500 website says that it will be broadcast on shortwave (no frequencies given) by Lasea Broadcasting which is now Family Broadcasting Corporation (World Harvest Radio).  If you do receive the 500 on shortwave, here is World Harvest Radio's reception report for a qsl:

https://familybroadcastingcorporation.com/whr/quality-reception-report/

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 2158 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Indy 500 Broadcast & QSL
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 2154 UTC »
I heard it on 15720 in 2016, which I recalled because it was RNZI's then-evening broadcast frequency. They weren't interfering because the races are earlier in the day but it was strange that they used that exact same frequency.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail