We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Another eight climbers presumed dead...  (Read 874 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Another eight climbers presumed dead...
« on: June 08, 2019, 2253 UTC »
in the Himalaya's this year. Why, oh, why, in a country where cattle are considered holy, weren't these fools riding sure-footed climbing cows to the top of the montain?

Fansome

Re: Another eight climbers presumed dead...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 0131 UTC »
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/cow-shoes-prohibition-1924/

in the Himalaya's this year. Why, oh, why, in a country where cattle are considered holy, weren't these fools riding sure-footed climbing cows to the top of the montain?

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 1336 UTC »
I stepped up on the platform
The man gave me the news
He said, You must be joking son
Where did you get those shoes?
Where did you get those shoes?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 1338 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 1528 UTC »
I've been drinking three fingers of corn liquor along with a couple of raw eggs in a quart jar for breakfast since I was weaned. Homemade corn liquor can't hurt you unless the fellow making it is a fool.

You've got to be careful with homemade fruit liquors. If the fruit is fermented at too high of temperature, distilling it can result in a concentration of higher alcohols that can blind you or put you in your grave.

Homemade apple brandies can have a double punch, cyanide poisoning along with the higher alcohols. Stick with cider and applejack.