We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio 4KZ 5055 kHz. 1006-1110 UTC 10 June 2019  (Read 495 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Radio 4KZ 5055 kHz. 1006-1110 UTC 10 June 2019
« on: June 10, 2019, 2320 UTC »
AUSTRALIA. 5055, Radio 4KZ, 1006-1110 UTC, June 10. For several months this had well below threshold level audio and
had been unable to ID even one song, so amazed today to have summertime reception well above threshold level and
easy to ID almost all the songs (The Mamas & The Papas - ''I Saw Her Again,'' John Denver - "Calypso," Chicago - "Does
Anybody Really Know What Time It Is," Lionel Richie - "Stuck On You," Billy Joel - "Just the Way You Are," Bob Seger &
The Silver Bullet Band - "Against the Wind," etc.); very nice selection of songs; commercial announcements (not readable)
and IDs; 1100, usual format of news, ad, marine conditions (unreadable); more pop songs (The Pointer Sisters - "I'm So
Excited," etc.); noted cut off at 1256*; of course heard with summertime QRN (static). Very pleased with today's reception!
My audio at http://bit.ly/2R63TDJ .

Ron
Listening at Asilomar State Beach, Calif.
Etón E1, antenna: 100' long wire