We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Your favorite program  (Read 949 times)

Matt285

Your favorite program
« on: June 12, 2019, 1915 UTC »
What is your favorite shortwave program that you listen to for the content more than just for the catch?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite program
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 2048 UTC »
Cuban jazz on a R8 in synch mode was lovely, and it was fun to listen to the Iranian propaganda bcast Voice of Justice when they ran that. Haven't done a lot of hfbc tuning lately, will have to do more.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 2257 UTC »
RNZ Saturday Night Requests on RNZI, currently 0700-1200 UTC Saturdays (the time changes because it's oriented to local NZ time, based on whether it's Standard or Summer for them). I have to record it overnight most of the time. Also enjoy Jazz From The Left on WRMI 7730 at 0000 UTC Wednesday, Shortwave Radiogram on various WRMI and WINB frequencies and times, Glenn Hauser when I can catch him, NHK in English, Arnie Coro and The Jazz Place on RHC, BBC depending on the programming, Voice of Korea just because they're such a throwback to the Cold War, various others.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Matt285

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 2320 UTC »
Thanks for the replies. When not tuning for new stations I usually listen to Radio China or Radio Romania. Sometimes Radio Havana

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 2331 UTC »
RNZ Saturday night requests, BBC Sportsworld 1600 utc on the weekends, Radio Prague, Radio Slovakia, Radio Romania,
REE Music Programs (with Justin Coe) and soccer, RHC music and DX, Voice of the Review of the Week, and a couple dozen shows on WBCQ.  Plus several that MDK2 mentioned.

Shows that are no longer with us now or tough to receive in English  :(:  Radio Netherlands/The Happy Station Show, NHK, Swiss Radio International, CBC/RCI, KBS, RVI Belgium, YLE Finland, Radio Sweden, Deutsche Welle, KOL Israel, Radio Austria (great IS), RTE Ireland, and Radio Australia. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 1314 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 0108 UTC »
Radio Free Euphoria and Radio New York International on WBCQ.    :P
But I listen to the web stream.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns