We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6930 pileup  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
6930 pileup
« on: November 06, 2011, 1455 UTC »
11/6/11, approx. 0200-0300 UTC, 6930 AM
This was a bit of a challenge to sort out.  For nearly an hour, I heard what sounded like Northern Relay Service on 6930.4 AM and, starting around 0210z, a second AM station on 6932.6 with definite IDs as WBNY.  Both stations took turns peaking and fading out, both here on the home receiver and via two Global Tuners remotes (Wisconsin and Colorado).  The proximity kicked up a heterodyne that I was able to filter out using a Radio Shack DSP unit.  Generally, NRS was stronger here at home and on the CO tuner; the WBNY station was somewhat better via the WI tuner.  The WBNY show sounded like Commander Bunny was complaining about bloggers, but due to noise and fades it was difficult to get any sense of the context.

Around 0240z I distinctly heard an OM voice saying "WBNY, WBNY, Dr. Benway says hello" two or three times, but I cannot be sure it was actually Dr. Benway or even whether it was live on mic or a recording played by an unknown party.   ???
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: 6930 pileup
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 1551 UTC »
I was receiving NRS here weakly from tune-in at 0145.  At 0200, a euro started up on 6935.  I moved up to ID it - techno and yl pop loop, interspersed with ID, sounding Dutch.  "Echo - kilo - india" was repeated in the background using numbers station yl voice.  This was completely wiped out by WBNY Jamming Service coming on at 2010.  But its all good.  I understand the neccessity of running a retread "Pirate Family Feud" show irregardless of who else is on.  Thank you, Commander Alligator...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline Alex_in_West_Virginia

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 1627 UTC »
It's a shame what that insane idiot we all know who I'm talking about) does.  He was on 6925, but deliberately moved up to jam NRS.  He apparently thinks he owns the airwaves, the Internet, etc., etc.  Now watch, he'll/they'll now probably slam me on one of his/their "shows," and I use that term very very loosely in his/their case, on his/their "blog" (and again I use that term loosely--I guess it should be more like rants in all of these cases), and his/their Prate Radio site.  I understand mental illness, but this clown really seriously needs professional help.

BTW, 6936 would've been Malta Radio, from Catalunya (Spain).

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 1842 UTC »
Thanks for the ID Alex.  I didn't know and was doing a slow burn.  Yeah, we're both probably fresh fodder for his grist mill now...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 1844 UTC by ff »
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 2015 UTC »
 ;) Oh, well ......
If you need help contacting Malta, let me know.  He's an old radio friend and has been op of several other stations, and has website.  He very much appreciates reports, and is very very good QSL'er.  Send me e-mail/PM if you need more info.

"The Rabbit Hater"  ::)

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 2211 UTC »
Actually, I'm really not a "Bunny Hater."

I LOVE bunny on the grill, wrapped in tinfoil, w/a little bit of red wine and fresh rosemary, mmmmmmmm.....!  :P

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 2213 UTC »
QRM'ers (Qwazy Rabbit Menaces):

(I think the one on the right is Kracked)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 1829 UTC »
It's a shame what that insane idiot we all know who I'm talking about) does.  He was on 6925, but deliberately moved up to jam NRS.  He apparently thinks he owns the airwaves, the Internet, etc., etc.  Now watch, he'll/they'll now probably slam me on one of his/their "shows," and I use that term very very loosely in his/their case, on his/their "blog" (and again I use that term loosely--I guess it should be more like rants in all of these cases), and his/their Prate Radio site.  I understand mental illness, but this clown really seriously needs professional help.

BTW, 6936 would've been Malta Radio, from Catalunya (Spain).

Let him. He's been exposed,the Commander has no clothes and no one to blame but himself. Now he's flaming out. The jamming is just going to alienate the handful of supporters/listeners that he has left,hastening his departure from the scene.

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 1910 UTC »
Let him. He's been exposed,the Commander has no clothes and no one to blame but himself. Now he's flaming out. The jamming is just going to alienate the handful of supporters/listeners that he has left,hastening his departure from the scene.

Agreed.  Most know his fifteen minutes are up.  Now he has to figure it out...

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 1957 UTC »
I disagree. He thrives on this stuff and likes to stir it up as much as he can, wherever he can. He has been a pain on other sites before he started this bogus "pirate war". The best thing to do is ignore him completely and stop giving him the attention that he so clearly craves. Then he'll just get bored and move on to his next group. That has been his pattern so far.
But on a seperate but related topic, has anyone noticed that on the Furreh Radio Network site that virtually all of the old sock puppets have vanished, but a crop of new names that nobody has heard from for a long time are on, spouting the same rhetoric, verbatim? Hmmm. What a coincidence!
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 2030 UTC »
Yeah,I've noticed the new "crew" on the FRN. 

Between pounding the keyboards and scanning for enemy activity from his listening post,his hemorrhoids must be killing him? Old guys aren't designed to sit that long.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 2338 UTC »
I disagree. He thrives on this stuff and likes to stir it up as much as he can, wherever he can. He has been a pain on other sites before he started this bogus "pirate war". The best thing to do is ignore him completely and stop giving him the attention that he so clearly craves. Then he'll just get bored and move on to his next group. That has been his pattern so far.
But on a seperate but related topic, has anyone noticed that on the Furreh Radio Network site that virtually all of the old sock puppets have vanished, but a crop of new names that nobody has heard from for a long time are on, spouting the same rhetoric, verbatim? Hmmm. What a coincidence!

I like to call those the "sleeper cell" sock-puppets... signed up years ago, but post-counts in the low teens or single digits...

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 2344 UTC »
LOL to all the posts after mine!  ;D ;D