We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A Provocative Question About Cholesterol and Mortality  (Read 1671 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
A Provocative Question About Cholesterol and Mortality
« on: June 16, 2019, 1558 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: A Provocative Question About Cholesterol and Mortality
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 1822 UTC »
Also, yer brain's pretty much made of cholesterol, and your bod won't make enough for brain health so you have to eat it! This also means if it gets too hot it'll fry like an egg! This makes me wonder if a low cholesterol diet as foisted upon our oldsters is increasing oldtimers disease.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 1855 UTC »
If you eat a healthy diet (low in carbohydrates, high in fat) your body can manufacture enough cholesterol. My guess is the push to a low fat diet was less about reducing fat and more about increasing carbohydrate intake, as it's a cheap fuel stock for the food processing industry. 

It's probably not surprising that the powers that be are responding to the increased awareness of the negative health effects of high carbohydrate intake by switching gears to environmental concerns. Gotta convince (or coerce by legislation if necessary) the masses to switch to a plant based diet. But hey, plenty of impossible burgers made of industrial seed oils to go around. Meanwhile there's caviar, beef tartar and champagne on the chartered jets to the annual Davos meeting.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 2232 UTC »
Yep, every year when I go to Davos as FANCO's CFO and head schemer, I have to tell them "No bait on my plate" and "Fry that patty up, throw it on some thick Texas Toast with a slice of Cheddar cheese, some sauteed onions, dill pickle slices with some Plochmann's Mustard and Heinz Ketchup, and get it out here. We call it a Patty Melt in America. You won't find it at McDonald's, so none of your foreign tricks. Now get!"

You may not believe this, but many Europeans consider carp fit to eat. They've got those 400 lb. Wels catfish waiting to be BBQ'd on a spit. All they have to do is jump in and throw one on the bank. It's not like they've got snappin' turtles and gators over there. They're the real peril in grappling for catfish.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 2020 UTC »
Wait, so you're not one of those whirled peas Bilderbergs?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 0658 UTC »
Nah, I'm a Hawaiian Ice Berg.