We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WBCQ Superstation 9330 AM 18 Jun 2019  (Read 3507 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: WBCQ Superstation 9330 AM 18 Jun 2019
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 1858 UTC »
At 1545UTC, I have a weak carrier on 9330, with what sounds like a tone of maybe 5kHz (or could simply be some RF whine getting pulled up by the audio processors). Wonder if it's just the transmitter's exciter output with the plates shut off? One AM station I worked at with a 10kW Gates transmitter still leaked around 20 Watts at the common point on filaments only with the plates switched off. This is strikingly reminiscent of that.

Thankfully, I missed Brother "Stare" broadcasting. :D "Bro" is just not my cup 'o tea! I had enough of him when I had to board op his program for a while in the 90's. But it's funny you mentioned the signal was weaker when he was on. That is probably because his audio is so narrow. I'd swear he uses a piezo tweeter for a microphone!

That would make sense.  The music that was played after the Overcomer "Ministry" (Brother Scare) had better dynamic range and was quite pleasant to listen to (save for the distortion-y peaks). 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 1205 UTC »

So, I was listening to the end of Allan Weiner Worldwide at 0100-ish 22 Jun 2019 on 9330 and Allan was reading through email and making announcements.  I have not listen to WBCQ much recently as 9330 and 5130 are so-so for reception and 7490 will frequently skip over me at night.  However, I figured I'd try the Superstation which boomed in.  First, Allan announced Brother Stair will be moving to available slots on 7490.  Second, he did not know how often 9330 would be simulcasting this weekend as the system will be checked over after this week of tests.  Third, Allan thanked a Church organization's support of this new 500k broadcast implied that they will be the primary broadcaster on 9330. Finally, Allan concluded his broadcast with a request from the Lord to bless the people that gave rise to the new equipment/facility and a prayer.  I have listened to WBCQ since its inception late summer 1998 on 7415, I never recall Allan displaying such devotion to his maker.   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 1234 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 1251 UTC »
So Brother Stair's sex cult "ministry" used Craig Mack as a marketing tool and when they were done with him he died conveniently? 

Sounds like AW is praising the "ministry" that bought all his slots to allow for the purchase of the 500kw transmitter? 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 1730 UTC »
15825 KHZ @ 17:28 UTC (12:28 CDT local)   Brother Stair Ramblin' On.... (with apologies to Robert Plant)

SINPO: 3-3-3-4-3 .  with moderate QRM
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline TheRelayStation

• 5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
    • View Profile
    • Live Streaming
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 2039 UTC »
i am pretty sure that Allan still has and still uses the original 50KW (assuming its 50KW) TX for 9.330Mhz but its very likely only used for the Overcomer Ministry.
i suspect the reason why the O.M. is not being broadcast on the new 500KW TX is simply because the religious organization that financed it to be their primary transmitter for their religious broadcasts (which will soon happen), does not want a another religious "competitor" using it for their broadcasts or perhaps, less likely, because the cost to buy airtime on the 500KW TX is considerably more than it would be for the 50KW TX.
these theories make sense to me with the signal changes that have been observed.
5150 Khz AM 60W Hack RF
shortwavepirate@aol.com
https://vaughn.live/cabletv

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 2146 UTC »
i am pretty sure that Allan still has and still uses the original 50KW (assuming its 50KW) TX for 9.330Mhz but its very likely only used for the Overcomer Ministry.
i suspect the reason why the O.M. is not being broadcast on the new 500KW TX is simply because the religious organization that financed it to be their primary transmitter for their religious broadcasts (which will soon happen), does not want a another religious "competitor" using it for their broadcasts or perhaps, less likely, because the cost to buy airtime on the 500KW TX is considerably more than it would be for the 50KW TX.
these theories make sense to me with the signal changes that have been observed.

That one is definitely in use. I can find it in the mornings (c. 1400-1600 UTC) with it's telltale +100ish Hz carrier, and usually what little audio can be detected sounds like Stair. I'm glad that he's not on the superstation and I'll be bummed when that other church comes online. I've been enjoying hearing the programming on 5130 that's otherwise too low to copy, or the stuff on 7490 that doesn't make it out since the transmitter fire a while back destroyed their one good one, prior to this deal coming through.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 1831 UTC »
Tuned in yesterday evening and both 9330 and 9395 were pretty much the same power level. Have to see if their directional to determine if it was just a fluke.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.