We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Furby Organ, a musical instrument made from Furbies  (Read 808 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: The Furby Organ, a musical instrument made from Furbies
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 0515 UTC »
When Furby's first hit the market, it turned out a number of them had been hacked to scare small children, boxed up, then shipped to the States. Most of the defective ones ended up in discount stores. A friend got his daughter one. It uttered all sorts of calming things to sooth the the kiddies at bedtime, such as "Kill your parents" and my personal favorite, "I want your eyeballs".

I was at their house when she was packing up to head to grad school. She was looking for something in her closet and found the "Furby From Hell" in a box at the back of the upper shelf.

They had a heavy duty paper cutter downstairs. She came down, dismembered it with the cutter, carried it out the backdoor, threw it in the fire pit, and lit it up. She came back in and said "That will take care of that f@#*in' thing."