We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: From the "things that could, no, will, go horribly wrong" department  (Read 7420 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Are UFOs real? Over 600,000 have pledged to find out. A Facebook event named Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us has become an internet sensation. At the time of writing, 639,000 users have signed up to attend the event, located in the deserts of Nevada, and another 596,000 are "interested" in attending (read: cowards).

Here's the plan, as per the creator of the event: "We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we Naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Let's see them aliens."

https://www.cnet.com/news/640k-people-want-to-raid-area-51-to-see-them-aliens/
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
That reminds me....we haven't heard Orbital Mind Control Satellite in quite some time! It would be nice to see if they are still around! Hopefully they haven't been captured by the Plutonium Underground  :-\
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
It's just a Facebook version of "The World will end on...   " How many people do you think will go any farther than just hitting the "sign me up" button?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Hopefully the use of miniguns by USAF will be liberally applied.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
Imagine the MAGA hats if it did happen!    8)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
"Serpentine, Stan, serpentine!" Alan Arkin, "The In-Law's", a vastly underrated film.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
   ...and Q Anon T shirts.

Offline XmasScotty

• View Profile
I hit the "interested" button" I admit, because I figure it's just a big joke.

Xmas

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
There are two possible scenarios if people come out to raid Area51....

- Aliens will probably come out to save all of the people who went to rush the base. We will have ever lasting peace in the universe and be shown space travel. Our technology will jump 1000 years in just a few.

- Aliens will disintegrate everyone and begin their global takeover early. This is when we find out all world leaders are actually aliens in disguise. But the invasion will be put down when Vladimir Putin (who killed the alien that tried to mimic him) rides in on a white flying unicorn, naked from the waste up, shooting the power of the sun at the invading aliens and burns them all to ashes.

More predictions at ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHebSU8rREc

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 0119 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
That reminds me....we haven't heard Orbital Mind Control Satellite in quite some time! It would be nice to see if they are still around! Hopefully they haven't been captured by the Plutonium Underground  :-\

I miss them too - great station!
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I had an Uncle by marriage who worked for one of those three letter agencies. When Area 51 started getting attention my cousin made the mistake of asking him "What's out there?". His reply was "None of your damned business!" She then asked him if he'd ever seen a UFO? He said, "I work as consultant to the defense industry, I've seen plenty of things in the air I couldn't i.d., but dollars to donuts they were ours." She wandered off satisfied.

He and I often speculated that when she ran, her head rattled. Dumb as stump. At least she was pretty.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Slim Whitman saves us in the end, as usual.

I've had a number of suit and tie jobs over the years. When I had to go to conferences I'd wear red socks with my navy blue suits. It got back to one of my bosses. I told him, "It worked for Slim Whitman, I figured it would work for me?" (Slim always wore red socks) My boss thought it was hilarious, as he knew those things were nothing but booze soaked B.S. fests.

My penchant for blue suits and red socks wasn't appreciated by my soon to be wife on our nights on the town either. Hey, they matched my antique ruby cuff links! My guess is she didn't like those, "I wish I could be with that guy." looks, that I got from the other women in the places we went? At least that's how it struck me. I wasn't buying that, "You look like a loon!", she was trying to foist upon me.

Follow Slim in style and both he and Johnny Otis in facial hair and you'll never go wrong. Duke Ellington is a good example, too. That pencil thin mustache is hard to get right, but don't let it frustrate you, it takes time.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Fansome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxbVModReMo

Yeah, but now I'm gettin' old, don't wear underwear
I don't go to church and I don't cut my hair
But I can go to movies and see it all there
Just the way that it used to be

Slim Whitman saves us in the end, as usual.

I've had a number of suit and tie jobs over the years. When I had to go to conferences I'd wear red socks with my navy blue suits. It got back to one of my bosses. I told him, "It worked for Slim Whitman, I figured it would work for me?" (Slim always wore red socks) My boss thought it was hilarious, as he knew those things were nothing but booze soaked B.S. fests.

My penchant for blue suits and red socks wasn't appreciated by my soon to be wife on our nights on the town either. Hey, they matched my antique ruby cuff links! My guess is she didn't like those, "I wish I could be with that guy." looks, that I got from the other women in the places we went? At least that's how it struck me. I wasn't buying that, "You look like a loon!", she was trying to foist upon me.

Follow Slim in style and both he and Johnny Otis in facial hair and you'll never go wrong. Duke Ellington is a good example, too. That pencil thin mustache is hard to get right, but don't let it frustrate you, it takes time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 0315 UTC by Fansome »