We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: YHWH  (Read 16892 times)

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
YHWH
« on: July 19, 2019, 1216 UTC »
After being on air about 5-6 days a week for the past few months, I have neither copied him nor seen reports of others copying him in the past week.
Wonder if he got the knock again?
FPE
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: YHWH
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 1318 UTC »
Never mind.  Copied 7/21 7470khz 0350z.
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 1418 UTC »
Is he still around? Which frequencies would I be able to find him?
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 1424 UTC »
YHWH comes and goes. He probably will disappear soon and be gone for months, but reappear later. That's been his pattern, as far as I can tell, since he got back on the air sometime after his much reported brush with the FCC.

Check 7470 kHz AM around 0300 UTC.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 1646 UTC »
Yes he's been on 4 or 5 (local) nites in a row.
7470khz till as late as 0430z.
Once you've heard him you will be able to tell its him regardless of how bad you copy him and same for his sign off music Days of Hard Life.
FPE

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 1945 UTC »
Catchy tune!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 2014 UTC »
YHWH comes and goes. He probably will disappear soon and be gone for months, but reappear later. That's been his pattern, as far as I can tell, since he got back on the air sometime after his much reported brush with the FCC.

That's his pattern and he's been at it for years. Al Weiner should run him and Brother Stair back to back.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 1155 UTC »
Catchy tune!

It's also on youtube, recorded from the online stream of WBCQ when YHWH briefly tried going straight. You know, for those who really want to get down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru9hkV7MMWo
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.

Offline shadypyro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 1455 UTC »

That's his pattern and he's been at it for years. Al Weiner should run him and Brother Stair back to back.

And the screaming preacher as well?

Offline shadypyro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 1455 UTC »

I shall tuned into 7470 AM

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 0330 UTC »
0328UTC - August 4 ,2019, YHWH is now on 7470 kHz, signal S9 via KiwSDR in W. Montana, USA.
0400UTC - off the air
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 0413 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 1755 UTC »
And the screaming preacher as well?

Terry Blalock's Full Gospel Hour, better known to the SW listening community as "the screaming preacher," has always been legit as far as I know. I don't get to hear him anymore, though, since WBCQ 9330 first turned over that transmitter to Brother Stair full time (before they started using the 500 kW one on that frequency). I know that WRMI carried him on 7780 because I heard a bit of it on the Smolinski kiwi SDR in Maryland yesterday, but not sure what the schedule is. 7780 does not reach us who live out west.

I miss that show. Of all the religious SWBC's out there, his made me laugh the most consistently.
Denver, CO.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 2128 UTC »
He was no Gene Scott and his Pony Girls.

I wonder if Ernest Angley would consider SW? His toupe' never moves no matter how much he hops around. I'm sure Trump told Si Sperling of "Hair Club For Men" fame, "Gimme an Angley, Si. I've got political ambitions and want only the best. No, I don't want
a James Traficant! That dog doesn't hunt outside of Youngstown, everyone knows that!"

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 2323 UTC »
I wonder if Ernest Angley would consider SW? His toupe' never moves no matter how much he hops around. I'm sure Trump told Si Sperling of "Hair Club For Men" fame, "Gimme an Angley, Si. I've got political ambitions and want only the best. No, I don't want
a James Traficant! That dog doesn't hunt outside of Youngstown, everyone knows that!"

I remember catching Ernest Angley late at night while TV DXing back in the 80s. He was amusing at times, although unintentionally.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree