We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Bacon Social House opens Friday in downtown Minneapolis  (Read 3826 times)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Bacon Social House opens Friday in downtown Minneapolis
« on: August 09, 2019, 0201 UTC »
http://www.startribune.com/bacon-social-house-a-bacon-themed-bar-and-restaurant-opens-friday-in-downtown-minneapolis/521330371/

If you thought the bacon craze of the late aughts was destined to wane, you underestimated the power of this porky treat.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: Bacon Social House opens Friday in downtown Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 0901 UTC »
Hmmm...  walleye and bacon, yum   :)
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 1120 UTC »
That's nothin'. Go to to Goldsboro NC. and look for signs saying "Nahunta Pork Center". Go there and enter the Pearly Gates to Hog Heaven.

When you've filled a couple of coolers, head over to Wilber's BBQ to sample the best BBQ made in the East Carolina style, the way God intended.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 1146 UTC »
http://www.startribune.com/bacon-social-house-a-bacon-themed-bar-and-restaurant-opens-friday-in-downtown-minneapolis/521330371/

If you thought the bacon craze of the late aughts was destined to wane, you underestimated the power of this porky treat.

We await your review!
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 1012 UTC »
My Mom used to jump on me every morning before school for my white bread & bacon sandwich breakfast, I'd tell her I'd get something else at school as our bus arrived early. Shirley, the main cook at my Junior High would have a toast and bacon sandwich waiting for me when I rolled into the cafeteria.

Shirley was a saint. She took over at an all night diner her family owned when I was around twenty. I always had a seat at the counter. Her brother was one of richest men in the state, she didn't have to work, but she was married to her Grandad's diner.