We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Video shows figures leaving vintage TVs on Henrico front porches  (Read 11756 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
It’s happened again. Video shows figures leaving vintage TVs on Henrico front porches

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- Nearly a year after a Glen Allen neighborhood woke up to find dozens of vintage box television sets sitting on their front porches, the strange circumstance has happened again.

Only this time the culprits, who apparently dropped off more than 50 TVs, were caught on several neighbors' doorbell cameras.

The bizarre discoveries were made by families in the Hampshire neighborhood Sunday morning.

Kroll speculated "bored" college students may be responsible.

"They had way too much time on their hands if they had all these TVs and spread them all over the neighborhood," Kroll said. "I think it’s funny in some ways... Now if my whole front yard was covered with TVs, I’d kind of get upset."

Jim Brooksbank said he found an old, tube-style, 13-inch TV on his porch.

Lt. Matt Pecka with Henrico Police said more than one person "wearing a mask resembling a television" dropped off the TVs to "the majority of homes throughout the community."

Full story: https://wtvr.com/2019/08/11/tv-man-leaves-vintage-tvs-on-front-porches-wyndham-henrico/
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Video shows figures leaving vintage TVs on Henrico front porches
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 2257 UTC »
I'm assuming they've found an abandoned tv/radio repair shop to steal the sets from? Then again, I see enough tv sets and crts/lcds on the corners each trash day they may be recycling them that way.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 1850 UTC »
I had a series of incidents involving Kelly green Schwinn "Clear Creak" hybrid mt./road bikes being left in my back yard over a two year period. Always the same damned bikes in various conditions. After I called the cops when two showed up one morning, it stopped.

I figure it was that darned Porkchop and his pals, although this neighborhood is thickly populated w/ older, now, "respectable" wise-asses, who were drinking buddies in my wide-stepping youth.

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 0249 UTC »
A few years ago I found a fresh hen's egg in our curbside mailbox. I never did figure that one out.

Come to think of it, I guess it could have been a penguin's egg, not that that would have made any more sense.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 2305 UTC »
Once you start poking penguins, all sorts of strange things can happen, Al.

How are your Aunt Amelia and Uncle Fred?

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 2325 UTC »
I had a series of incidents involving Kelly green Schwinn "Clear Creak" hybrid mt./road bikes being left in my back yard over

Someone left a rare and coveted bicycle made by the mysterious company Madwagon in our front yard nicely placed on the kickstand with practically no wear. We left in in the yard for 2 days  thinking it might be stolen , but still  there are woods nearby.
Its the most popular bike in the shed, its a great ride , i installed apehangers.
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns